Again, we have enjoyed the superb cooking and hospitality of the Sunshine Coast region’s premier bed and breakfast, Ninderry Manor, with hosts Miyuki and Aki Kitabatake, for a fabulous Japanese dinner in their elegant dining room. Since we have dined there several times in the past and unfailingly return, Aki determined that this time, we would experience some dishes which Japanese enjoy as part of their normal dining.
The mouthwatering and very healthy menu consisted of
(1) Crispy tempura prawns, pumpkin, capsicum and lotus roots with dipping sauce into which we stirred delicious grated radish.
(2) Teriyaki swordfish with lime and lemon pepper, set off to perfection with sesame sauce and homemade pickled ginger.
(3) Kon Nyaku – beef with vegetables, homemade yam noodles and divine shitake mushroom, with seven different spices in a broth of soy, sugar and ginger.
(4) Roasted eel in nori roll alongside a mixed sushi of rice, spring onion, sesame seed and seaweed topped with salmon roe, accompanied by wakame – a miso soup with tofu and seaweed.
(5) The dessert piece de resistance – a quartet of homemade icecreams – vanilla, green tea, black sesame seed and the delicious azuki bean.
Ninderry Manor is not to be missed – for unforgettable dinners and short relaxing holidays on the Sunshine Coast.